A certain table and chairs were stored for a couple years without any attention. The purchase of a new home brought about many projects and this table and chairs was one of them.
Naturally I have zero before pictures to share - some work in progress but zero before. I have really good intentions about blogging about make-over projects. As it happens, somewhere down the line I forget to take pictures. I forget either before, after or during! Get the picture? haha
Here are a few in progress pics.
We removed the vaneer top from the table since it had dry rotted and was not usable. Did some serious sanding and then put on stain and poly. That was all for the top.
We merely painted, glazed and distressed the two pedestal's.
We then did the same thing for the chairs. (aside from recovering the seats)
The best part of this project was the cost. I had a gallon of mis-tinted paint on hand. We had the stain from previous projects as well as the poly. The seats were covered with a drop cloth that cost around $10.00. So - the project was a $10.00 project and Ashley adores her new furniture. The picture at the top is the finished project sitting in her dining area. She had a small space so we left out the leaf. This fits perfect with her new home.
This is one of my favorite projects to date. We have actually done several - that I have neglected to post to the blog. Those are forthcoming! They really are :)